Get connected with the best Insurance Companies in Texas
Nowadays, everything you need to know about Insurance policies is available on the internet. you are only required to just connect to the internet and visit the websites offering such information about Insurance companies in Texas.
In this article I will be writing about various Insurance companies in Texas, I will provide you with the company names available in Texas. You can evaluate and compare the rates of insurance policies offered by different companies and then decide to choose the insurance policy that suits his needs best.
Insurance companies in Texas are thus :
Texas Farm Bureau Insurance Companies:- www.txfb-ins.com
- This Insurance companies in Texas specialize in auto, home/property, farm/ranch and life insurance.
- Headquartered in Waco, Texas
- website: www.txfb-ins.com
- 250 offices statewide
Address: 7420 Fish Pond Road Waco, TX 76710
Texas Farm Bureau Insurance Companies include:
- Texas Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company
- Texas Farm Bureau Underwriters
- Texas Farm Bureau Casualty Insurance Company
- Farm Bureau County Mutual Insurance Company of Texas
Texas Insurance Agency: –www.texasinsuranceagency.net
- Texas Insurance Agency has been serving families in Pasadena, Beaumont, The Woodlands, Houston and throughout Texas since 1999.
- they specialize in auto, homeowners, renters, boat, RV, motorcycle, commercial/business and general liability insurance
- website: www.texasinsuranceagency.net
- Refer a friend or family member and receive a $25 Visa or Mastercard gift card!
- customer care: (713) 921-8000
Best Insurance- http://www.bestonlinenow.com
- They specialize on auto insurance, home insurance, RV, motorcycle or business insurance
- They are located in Texas City and Galveston Texas
9300 Emmett Lowry Expressway
Texas City, TX 77591 OR Galveston
2001 61st Street
Galveston , TX 77551
Phone Number: (409) 744-4414
Fax Number: (409) 744-3723
Main Number: (409) 986-9611
Email: [email protected]
- website: http://www.bestonlinenow.com
INSURANCE PLUS AGENCIES, LLC- http://www.yourinsurancecompany.com
- Founded in 1996, Insurance Plus is committed to giving their customers the best coverage at the lowest price while providing superior customer service.
- Just call toll free 1(866) 466-1699 24 Hours a Day
Standard Insurance- https://www.standardinsurance.net/
The Standard Insurance Group of companies is a vertically integrated group of five insurance affiliates that together underwrite, finance and market standard and nonstandard automobile insurance and homeowner policies.
- locations: Texas and operates in strategic market areas in Texas; including Dallas, Irving, Richardson, Fort Worth, Mesquite, Burleson/Alvarado/Cleburne, Austin, Allen, Tyler, Longview, Houston, Waco, Temple, and the Cedar Hill/Duncanville area.
- they specialize on auto and home insurance
- telephone: Local: (817)285-1800Metro: (972)285-1800Fax: (817)285-1818
- corporate location: 8190 Precinct Line Rd Suite 101 Colleyville, Texas 76034
- website: https://www.standardinsurance.net/
Thumann Agency- https://thumannagency.com/
- They Specialize in Commercial Insurance and Same Day Quotes
- CONTACT: Steve Thumann — Agency Principal
(Direct Line: (972) 991-9100 ext 222)
- TELEPHONE: Call (972) 991.9100
- ADDRESS: 12770 Coit Rd Suite 110, Dallas, TX 75251, USA
- website -https://thumannagency.com/
Texas Insurance & Financial Services, Inc. – http://txins.com/
- they specialize on Business Insurance, Life & Health Insurance, Home Insurance, Auto Insurance
- has been serving the needs of clients since 1982
- Website: http://txins.com/
- contact: 800-541-9849
Why is auto insurance so expensive in Texas?
If you’ve noticed your car insurance steadily increasing, you’re not alone. In general, car insurance rates have increased for everyone over the past couple of years.
There’s no single answer as to why auto insurance is particularly expensive in Texas. But here are a few things that could be contributing to it.
Behind California, Texas is the second-most populous state in the U.S. Not only that, the majority of the population are living in urban areas fairly close together. The urban population in the U.S. is 80 percent whereas in Texas it’s 84 percent.
Most of the population lives in the triangle that’s made up of the Dallas-Fort Worth area, Houston, and the San Antonio-Austin area.
Generally, urban areas tend to pay more than rural areas for car insurance. This is because there are more risks in a big city. More traffic, and higher rates of theft and vandalism.
High number of car accidents
With so many people living and driving in urban areas, accidents are more likely to happen and this drives up premiums — even if you’ve never been in an accident before.
In 2017, Texas had the highest number of fatal car accidents compared to all other states. More accidents mean more claims. Insurance companies account for these risks and rates increase across the board.
Higher speed limits
Texas has the single fastest highway in the country with an 85 MPH speed limit. It also has the fastest average allowable speed of 78.3 MPH. This was done to relieve traffic congestion between Austin and San Antonio.
With higher speed limits come more accidents and higher liability payouts from insurance companies. This causes rates to rise.
The number of uninsured motorists in Texas is slightly higher than the national average, which is 13 percent. Around 14.1 percent of motorists are driving without insurance even though it’s mandatory in Texas.
This affects insured drivers and their rates because insurance companies face a higher risk of people filing uninsured motorist claims.
Long commute time
A high percentage of Texans drive to work with a long commute and spend quite a while in traffic. In Houston, 72 percent of the population drive to work with an average commute of 26 minutes.
Drivers in Austin, Houston, and McAllen rank in the top 30 in North America for time spent in traffic.
The more you drive, the higher the insurance rates. More time spent on the road means there’s more opportunity for you to get into a car accident.
Higher minimum requirements
In Texas, liability coverage is required. If you’re at fault in an accident, liability coverage pays to repair the other driver’s car as well as the other driver’s medical bills.
You’re required to have at least $30,000 of coverage for injuries per person, $60,000 for injuries per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for property damage. This is commonly written as 30/60/25. In most states, the state minimum coverage is 25/50/20.
Texas is ranked first in the U.S. for frequency and variety of natural disasters. This includes hurricanes, flooding, wildfire, and hail storms.
After Hurricane Harvey in 2017, car insurance rates did go up by 8 percent. While this could be attributed to the factors listed previously, there’s a good chance it was in direct response to the natural disaster.
It’s been estimated up to 500,000 cars flooded during Hurricane Harvey. Insurance companies would’ve had to pay out comprehensive claims for those cars.