How to apply for Aruba Visa

General information About Aruba Visa

Visa required for U.S. citizens before you go to Aruba:  No.

  • Visa required for non-U.S. citizens before you go to Aruba:
    • If you are on this list, you need to get a visa to visit Aruba.
    • If you need a visa to travel to Aruba, you can get one at an embassy or consulate of the Netherlands.
  • Where to find the Netherlands Embassy or Consulate closest to your place of residence: 
    • If you’re inside the U.S.:  Click here.
    • If you’re outside of the U.S.:  Click here.
  • In general, for Aruba, there is the transit visa (max. stay of 48 hours), the short-stay visa (max. 30 days per island and 90 days total in Aruba, Curaçao, St. Maarten and the Caribbean part of the Netherlands per 12-month period), and the long-stay visa (for stays of over 90 days).
  • Applications must be submitted in person.  This is a bit absurd.  Aruba needs to wake up to the times and create a way to submit by mail so as not to waste people’s precious time.
  • Persons who are considered a tourist are those who travel to Aruba for one of the following purposes: vacation and relaxation, sport, health reasons, family matters, study, religious purposes or a business visit. During their stay in Aruba tourists are not allowed to work.
  • *IMPORTANT Announcement for those traveling to Aruba from Central America, Latin America and Africa: The Ministry of Health of Aruba established that, as of March 1, 2018, the requirement for the Yellow Fever Vaccine proven by an International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis (ICVP) will enter into force for all passengers entering the island from endemic areas.

    The vaccine is mandatory for all passengers arriving from Central American, Latin American and African (high risk) countries.

  • Duration of admisson

    The maximum period of time that a person can be admitted to Aruba as a tourist is 30 days. The total amount of days a person can stay in Aruba, as a tourist cannot exceed 180 days per year.

  • New For U.S. Travelers – Passport Card

    The U.S. Passport Card can be used to enter the United States from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda at land border crossings or sea ports-of-entry and is more convenient and less expensive than a passport book. The passport card cannot be used for international travel by air. For more information visit Travel.State.Gov website.

Living and working in Aruba

Persons who want to live and work on Aruba must have a valid residence permit from the Directorate of Alien Integration, Policy and Admission (DIMAS).

Types of Aruba Visa

  1. Aruba Tourist Visa
  2. Aruba Transit Visa
  3. Aruba Business Visa
  4. Aruba Student Visa (a.k.a. Aruba Student Residency Permit)
  5. Aruba Residence Permit (a.k.a. Aruba Residence Visa)
  6. Aruba Work Permit (a.k.a. Aruba Work Visa)






Leave a Comment