Table of Contents
Job summary :
Job type : Full-time
salary : $43,000/yr – $89,000/yr
Job role : Emerging Coach
website : Walmart
Qualification : Must be 18 years of age or older
Location : 2100 GENERALS HWY, ANNAPOLIS, MD 21401-6723, United States of America
Walmart Inc. is an American multinational retail corporation that operates a chain of hypermarkets, discount department stores, and grocery stores from the United States, headquartered in Bentonville, At Walmart, they help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision they make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between.
Leads and develops teams effectively by teaching, training, and actively listening to associates; touring stores and providing feedback (Tour-toTeach); communicating and collaborating with all levels of associates regarding store operations, utilizing technology, business initiatives, merchandising, and company direction; introducing and leading company change efforts; providing clear expectations and guidance to implement business solutions; and communicating business objectives to teams effectively.
Models and demonstrates exceptional customer service standards to store associates by following and demonstrating the One Best Way (OBW) service model; managing and supporting customer service initiatives (for example, store of the community and community outreach programs); ensuring customer needs, complaints, and issues are successfully resolved; developing and implementing action plans to correct deficiencies; and providing process improvement leadership to ensure a high quality customer experience.
Drives the financial performance and sales of the designated store area by reviewing and evaluating P&L (Profit & Loss) statements; managing and assisting in budgeting, forecasting and controlling expenses in designated business area to confirm they are indexed to sales; monitoring and ensuring effective merchandise presentation, seasonal transitions, inventory flow, and operational processes; and developing and implementing action plans to mitigate shrink and ensure sales and profit goals are achieved for business area.
Provides supervision and development opportunities for hourly associates by hiring, training, and mentoring of associates; assigning duties; setting clear expectations; providing associate recognition; communicating expectations consistently and effectively; ensuring diversity and inclusion awareness; and recruiting and developing qualified associates to meet staffing needs and achieve company growth potential.
This position is part of a program designed to improve the management training journey of associates who recently completed a two or four year college degree program.
Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders; supporting plans and initiatives to meet customer and business needs; identifying and communicating goals and objectives; building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; and demonstrating adaptability and promoting continuous learning.
Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by hiring and training; mentoring; assigning duties; providing recognition; and ensuring diversity awareness.
Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; utilizing and
Annapolis, MD, United States Produce Associate ANNAPOLIS MD 21403 United States 24 MEAT 2021-05-07 8261_R-231161 Sam’s Club No Business Operations Yes Sam’s Club Default Campaign https://click.appcast.io/track/482xn6k-org?cs=4c&jg=25hv&bid=lUf2CslKyPxm6i440ZgUYA==Position Summary…Why do our members choose to purchase fruits & vegetables at Sam’s Club? Our members tell us one of the biggest reasons is they get quality & fresh food at low cost. As a part of our produce team, you’ll make important decisions about the quality of the produce that members and their families eat by ensuring availability, cleanliness and freshness. You will be in the front-lines of customer service – your smile makes a difference and you can help enhance the member’s shopping experience. Come, be a part of a team that offers our members more for less.
- You have a passion for and experience with produce
- You keep member satisfaction as your top priority
- You are comfortable with change and quickly adapt to different work scenarios
- You’re a curious and creative thinker, driving change through out-of-box thinking
- You can communicate effectively and positively influence team members
- You will lead by example
You Will Make An Impact By
- Maintaining a positive attitude by smiling, greeting and thanking members
- Providing exceptional customer service to members across the club as needed, answering any questions they may have
- Maintaining a clean, neat, and member-ready area
- Receiving & stocking merchandise in an organized manner
- Maintaining inventory so that there is no out of stock and over-stock products
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full job description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
- Be a Team Member: Maintains up-to-date knowledge of the products; collaborating with cross functional teams and helping educate other associates on tools, tasks, and resources; communicating effectively and developing interpersonal skills for providing customer service; and being flexible to the needs of the business to work in other areas, tracking goods, maintaining in-stock levels, and controlling shrinkage in a timely manner.
- Be an Expert: Understands the processes and specifications related to quality of various types of produce merchandise (for example, taste, preparation method or use, seasonality); preparing (trim, crisp, package, scale) products according to established standards; maintaining product safety and following company sanitation guidelines; and adhering to applicable laws, regulations, and company policies related to produce quality.
- Be a Techie: Leverages digital tools to drive sales, improve the shopping experience, and elevate associate engagement; utilizing hand held technology to make immediate business decisions related to production, training, and product quality with the member in mind; adapting to new tools and encouraging others to use them.
- Be an Owner: Drives the performance of the area; utilizing digital tools; using perpetual inventory management techniques to stock and rotate department products; ensuring quality and date control standards; eliminating waste; guiding peers and providing attention to customer needs; assisting customers according to company policies and procedures.
- Be a Talent Ambassador: Being an advocate for the department and the club by valuing the member’s experience in meat area and modeling high quality service and products; executing the basics at highest possible level of quality; and exhibiting energy, commitment, and passion for the work.
- Complies with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; using the Open Door Policy; and applying these in executing business processes and practices.
- Completes work assignments and priorities by using policies, data, and resources; collaborating with managers, co-workers, customers, and other business partners; identifying priorities, deadlines, and expectations; carrying out tasks; communicating progress and information; determining and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
I acknowledge that the position for which I am applying requires me to successfully complete all job required trainings and assessments within a prescribed time period if I receive the position.
Must be 18 years of age or older
Primary Location…2100 GENERALS HWY, ANNAPOLIS, MD 21401-6723, United States of America