Table of Contents
Reporting to the Senior Director, the Digital Content Editor position supports the production of online content. This position performs a variety of editorial and production tasks, including the creation of website and social media content as well as the maintenance of station website and social media accounts.
About WNET group
WNET group is a leading public media producer for nearly 60 years, The WNET Group presents and distributes content that fosters lifelong learning, including multi-platform initiatives addressing poverty, jobs, economic opportunity, social justice, understanding and the environment. Through Passport, station members can stream new and archival programming anytime, anywhere. Community-supported, The WNET Group represents the best in public media.
Job summary :
Job type : Full-time
Qualification : being able to write and edit contents
Location :825 Eighth Avenue, New York, NY 10019-7435
Website : www.wnet.org
• Assisting in the writing and editing of written excerpts and other information for use on the station website and on social media;
• Assisting in ongoing updating of and content creation for program website;
• Sourcing, gathering and clearing supporting images;
• Assisting with administrative tasks including but not limited to writing event and program descriptions and updates, creation of social media toolkits, distribution of show materials to external organizations and artists;
• Working collegially with technical and other personnel, media services and other internal departments;
• Additional responsibilities, as assigned.
Qualifications and experience
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in social media and online editorial;
• In-depth understanding of social platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Reddit, YouTube, etc.;
• Experience managing social media for brands that employ video on their accounts;
• Proficiency with WordPress, Google Analytics, Google Docs, Google Drive and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
• Experience writing editorial for digital or print media.
How to apply
Are you interested in applying for the digital editor position at WNET group? you can apply below.