Table of Contents
Job description :
Job type : Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job role : Area Manager
website : Walmart
Qualification : Associate’s Degree in Business, Logistics, or related field and 1 year’s supervisory experience
Walmart Inc. is an American multinational retail corporation that operates a chain of hypermarkets, discount department stores, and grocery stores from the United States, headquartered in Bentonville, At Walmart, they help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision they make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between.
Job Responsibilities at Walmart
- Communicate with (or to) individuals or groups verbally and/or in writing (e.g. customers, suppliers, associates).
- Implement the business plan for area of responsibility by communicating goals and managing staffing and scheduling, assigning duties and coordinating workloads in order to achieve facility goals (e.g., production, quality, safety).
- Monitor and manage productivity of area of responsibility by preparing, reviewing and/or analyzing business reports.
- Maintain quality and safety standards in area of responsibility by ensuring associates are trained on Logistics and company policies, standards and procedures; monitoring associate compliance to policies and procedures; distributing and maintaining procedures and supporting documentation.
- Identify associate, customer, and/or supplier concerns by listening, consulting with others when needed to determine corrective action to take or make recommendations in order to resolve.
- Supervise and develop associates and leaders in area of responsibility by assigning duties and coordinating workloads, monitoring performance and providing feedback; teaching, supporting and modeling Logistics and company policies and procedures; identifying training and development needs; and participating in the hiring, promotion, coaching, teaching, and evaluation of associates and leaders.
Minimum Qualifications for the role of area manager
Associate’s Degree in Business, Logistics, or related field and 1 year’s supervisory experience OR Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Logistics, or related field OR 1 year’s Walmart Logistics Management experience OR 2 years’ Walmart Logistics experience OR 2 years’ supervisory experience.
Associates will be required to attend and successfully complete all job-required trainings and assessments (for example, Academy trainings, Open Door trainings, etc.).
Microsoft Office, Supervising Associates, Walmart Logistics Systems Bachelors: Business, Bachelors: Logistics
Location for the job
30801 W 191st St., Edgerton, KS 66021-0000, United States of America
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be viewed here: https://walmart.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/WalmartExternal/job/US-KS-EDGERTON-09073-eCommerce-Walmart-Fulfillment-Services/XMLNAME–USA–Area-Manager—Floor–wmcom-_R-987110-1
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.