You are welcome to apply for a 12 months maternity leave contract in Canada as a raw material buyer?
Raw Materials Buyer at Lush Handmade Cosmetics
The Raw Material Buyer plays an essential role in growing talent in our business through collaboration and sharing best practices with the Buying Team team. You know how to be curious about their opportunities and how to be real with feedback and support.
As a growing business, Lush needs people that can adapt and evolve to the needs of our business, analyse and respond to your learner’s needs. Our Lush staff live with purpose, finding their personal value connection with the values of our business, bringing their work and life paths into one holistic journey. #mylushlife
Reporting to the Buying Manager, the Raw Material Buyer undertakes the following RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage a portfolio of raw materials and/or packaging including developing short, mid and long term purchasing strategies that align with business objectives and adhere to ethical standards
- Identify cost savings and areas of opportunity and negotiate improved terms of supply and price
- Research and approve primary and secondary suppliers and materials
- Collaborate with your team and contribute to the North American buying team deliverables and overall objectives of the business
- Visit suppliers to deepen relationships and understand the supply chain and build industry intelligence
- Support the development and creation of new regenerative projects
- Ensure quality control and material compliance
- Train and support the factory buyers
- Work with global buyers to coordinate and optimize global supply
- Manage inventory and spend within budget
- Establish targets, track progress, and report on results
- Support and collaborate with different departments as needed: Customer Service, Brand Communication, Finance
- Contribute on special projects as needed such as annual cost projects, forecasting meetings and presentations.
You bring the following QUALIFICATIONS: